Synthetics: the roots of an authentic and genuine crisis
July 18, 2019
Daniela Zaborskis, PhD
Director of Operations and Senior Scientist, Acutis Diagnostics
Mumtaz Akhtar, MS
Senior Researcher, Acutis Diagnostics
At the end of this presentation, participants should be better able to:
- Describe the neuropharmacology and pharmacokinetics of synthetic cannabinoids and fentanyl analogs’ addictive potential.
- Identify differences between various synthetic cannabinoids and fentanyl analog products.
- Review the prevalence statistics for synthetic cannabinoids and fentanyl analogs among commonly abused substances.
- Review the current state of detection methodologies to detect synthetic cannabinoids and fentanyl analogs.
- Review harm reduction technologies and overdose treatments for these agents.
- 1.00 AANP
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Attendance