Primary Care Journal Club 6/14/16
Christopher Flores, MD
David Stoltzman, MD
Articles for Presentation
• “Diabetes Medications as Monotherapy or Metformin-Based Combination Therapy for Type 2 Diabetes.” N. Maruthur, et. al. Annals of Internal Medicine. June 2016.
• “Blood-Pressure and Cholesterol Lowering in Persons without Cardiovascular Disease.” S. Yusuf, et. al. The New England Journal of Medicine. April 2016; 374:2032-43.
• “Blood-Pressure Lowering in Intermediate-Risk Persons without Cardiovascular Disease.” E. Lonn, et. al. The New England Journal of Medicine. May 2016. 374:2009-20
• “Cholesterol Lowering in Intermediate-Risk Persons without Cardiovascular Disease.” S. Yusuf, et. al. The New England Journal of Medicine. April 2016. 374: 2021-2031
This activity was developed for Eisenhower staff physicians.
- Keep current with and improve their understanding of recent clinical and biomedical literature
- Improve their ability to discuss, debate, and analyze recent literature
- Participate collegially in scholarly discourse
- 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.75 Attendance