Robin is a 30-year-old woman who had a total splenectomy 5 years earlier after an auto accident; she presents in the fall for a routine check-up.
- Physical examination shows:
- Temperature: 98.6° F
- Blood pressure: 124/80 mm Hg
- All other vital signs are normal.
- Records indicate that shortly after her splenectomy, Robin received the conjugate meningococcal, Haemophilus influenzae type b, and 23-valent pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccines.
- She has since received no other vaccinations, citing a general fear of vaccines.
Listen to the community physicians’ discussion on adult vaccinations for Robin.
Eugene Cullen, MD; Christopher Flores, MD; Jessica Irvine, DO
Listen to Dr. File's final recommendations for adult vaccinations for Robin.
Thomas M. File, Jr, MD, MSc, MACP, FIDSA, FCCP
Transcript of all audio for Case 1: Robin 5325_Robin Case Transcript.pdf