Case 2: Bernie
Bernie is a 60-year-old man who presents with lower back pain in early summer. He says he hasn’t needed to see a doctor in more than 15 years. He is a current smoker. He acknowledges an occasional cough but denies sputum production.
- Physical examination reveals:
- Temperature: 97.8 F
- Blood pressure: 150/90 mm Hg
- Respiration: 20 breaths/min
- Pulse: 74 beats/min
- Lungs: a few scattered, nonlocalized rhonchi
- No other remarkable findings
Listen to the community physicians’ discussion on adult vaccinations for Bernie.
Eugene Cullen, MD; Christopher Flores, MD; Jessica Irvine, DO
Listen to Dr. File's final recommendations for adult vaccinations for Bernie.
Thomas M. File, Jr, MD, MSc, MACP, FIDSA, FCCP
Transcript of all audio for Case 2: Bernie 5325_Bernie Case Transcript.pdf