Examining the Latest Clinical Findings for Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis to Enhance Managed Care Decision-Making
As novel agents become available to treat psoriatic disease, treatment decision making is becoming more complex. In light of new drug developments as well as expanding uses of current agents, managed care organizations (MCOs) and payer organizations need to appropriately and effectively design benefits that optimize both cost-efficiency and patient outcomes. This educational activity will include discussions and practical demonstrations of current and emerging clinical data, pharmacy benefit designs, and management resources for managed care professionals to consider.
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of managed care pharmacy directors, clinical pharmacists, quality directors, medical directors, members of AMCP, and other managed health care professionals attending AMCP's 27th Annual Meeting & Expo.
- Analyze the available evidence-base for the treatment of psoriasis and PsA in a true CER framework
- Assess current and emerging therapies for the treatment of psoriasis and PsA and cite their clinical trial data
- Address nonadherence factors associated with various therapies for psoriasis and PsA
- Integrate interventions to coordinate health plan and affiliated providers efforts in the health care reform era that will lead to better outcomes for patients with psoriasis and PsA
- Provide accurate and appropriate counsel as part of the managed care treatment team
- 1.50 ACPE
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.50 Attendance