Understanding the Mechanism of Action for Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) Therapy
November 5, 2016
- Describe the mechanism of action of CAR T cells and how they differ from other forms of cancer medicine.
- Discuss the clinical logistics of autologous T cell therapy, including pheresis, processing, and replacement infusion.
- Review steps needed to address the major treatment risks associated with CAR T cells, especially cytokine release syndrome.
- Monitor patient response to treatment and proactively manage signs and symptoms of adverse effects.
- Provide long-term supportive care for patients experiencing B-cell aplasia.
Gaylord National Hotel
National Harbor, MD
- 1.00 ACPE
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.00 ANCC